Unlike cars, appliances, and electronics, commercial buildings don’t come with an instruction manual containing recommendations designed to help you get the most out of your investment.
Developing a proactive building maintenance plan that includes a maintenance schedule for when building components should be inspected, cleaned, restored, or replaced can keep your commercial structure looking great, no matter what its age. And hiring an experienced contractor for these specialized services can result in more financial benefits than you might imagine.
Why Regularly Scheduled Maintenance Matters
At a certain level, we all understand how essential regular maintenance is. When we buy a new car, we tend to spend the first year following recommended maintenance items. If we purchase a major appliance, we’re careful to operate it exactly as suggested in the user’s manual, but usually not for very long.
Whether it’s a car, house, or 150,000 square foot commercial building, letting maintenance tasks and inspection schedules slide past their recommended date can result in avoidable and costly repairs and replacements. That makes it vital for owners and managers to understand the need for routine maintenance, even for newly constructed commercial buildings.
Cost Benefits of Professional Building Restoration & Commercial Waterproofing Services
Planned building maintenance makes good business sense. It can save you tens of thousands of dollars annually while extending the lifespan of certain building elements like windows, window frames, and facades.
Here are just a few examples of where the savings from comprehensive restoration and waterproofing services come from.
- Energy efficiency. Energy costs make up the largest portion of every commercial building’s operating budget. Improving your commercial structure’s energy efficiency can result in significant savings. Simple tasks like replacing air filters, performing routine visual inspections, and keeping up with typical wear and tear can go a long way in ensuring your building’s operating at peak efficiency. Bigger jobs like window restoration and facade cleaning and sealing increase your savings even more by making sure energy use is kept to its bare minimum.
- Building lifespan. Every component in your building ages at the same rate. While some elements naturally wear out faster than others, none of them should be ignored forever. Most owners and managers are well aware maintaining their building’s HVAC system can extend its life and keep it from breaking down. What many don’t realize is that window and surface restoration services offer the same benefits. Planned maintenance like waterproofing, sealing joints, and removing window stains and scratches can save you substantial money over the years. And the inspections that take place during the restoration process can help identify building components that might need repair or replacement.
- Improved safety and productivity. A building where every system’s running as it should and every structural element is well-maintained provides an optimal environment for the people who live or work there. While essential, ensuring occupants have a safe building goes far beyond legal and ethical obligations. For retail properties, hotels, and restaurants, it can factor into whether a customer ever returns. It can also directly impact tenant satisfaction which, in turn, can affect whether they’ll renew their lease, treat the property with respect, and pay the best rate for the space.
Specialized Services from Presto Restoration
Presto Restoration’s decades of experience in commercial building restoration services are designed to bring older structures back to the original standards and keep newly constructed buildings water and airtight.
Presto’s caulking and glass repair services for recently constructed buildings offer long-lasting protection from damage and make routine maintenance a breeze.
- Commercial structure caulking is a waterproof compound we use to seal joints and seams. Each type of caulking serves a specific purpose, and it’s essential to apply the correct product for each objective.
- New construction glass repair services restore clarity and leave a distortion-free surface finish.
Our comprehensive restoration services for existing structures keep them looking new and protected from the elements.
- Glass restoration revives the brilliance that age, deterioration, and other damages have taken away. Our technicians expertly remove hard water stains, scratches, and etching and return your windows’ original luster. Best of all, these services are nearly always less expensive than replacing windows.
- Window frame restoration is designed to preserve the frame’s original coating without requiring it to be painted over.
- Wet glazing replaces deteriorated non-functional window gaskets, restoring the barrier needed to keep water and moisture out.
- Metal restoration services for roofs, curtain walls, and Alucobond panels protect your building from moisture, extreme temperatures, and other hazards.
- Stone restoration services repair brick, concrete, and masonry damage and typically include caulking or tuck pointing.
- Waterproofing services, including protective sealants, are amongst the most cost-effective steps you can take to protect and preserve your building for decades.
Presto Restoration also offers consulting services to help you identify critical conditions in your commercial building and take steps to correct them before they become expensive challenges. Fill out our request a quote form and one of our experts will be happy to explain more about how building restoration and commercial waterproofing can save you money.